terça-feira, 1 de março de 2011

BOBBY BYRD!

FUNKSTORY

...Enter James Brown and The Famous Flames

In 1952 Bobby Byrd was playing baseball against the inmates of the Alto Reformatory prison team and met the music mad James Brown apparently showing off his singing to other inmates. Byrd befriended him and arranged for Byrd's family to oversee Brown's parole.

It began a personal and professional association that lasted until 1973 and although Byrd had twenty years plus as a solo performer it is his association with Brown for which he is chiefly remembered. Brown was a remarkable tour de force of vitality and personality and within a short time he had not only joined the Avons but he was directing affairs changing their name to The Flames. Byrd recognised early that Brown was unique and that it would be impossible to control him

'I didn't need him in competition, I needed him with me, that's why I worked so hard to get him over to my group'


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário